“The Mission of the St. Agnes Cemetery of Utica is to provide holy grounds, reverent care, and respectful arrangements for the deceased. Founded in 1851 St. Agnes strives to maintain the traditions of its Catholic heritage”



St. Agnes Cemetery of Utica
601 Arthur Street
Utica, NY 13501
Phone: 315-732-8588
Fax: 315-732-8588
Email: stagnescemeteryutica@gmail.com

Superintendent James Sheehy


In 1903, the remains of about 400 Utica Catholic pioneers were re-interred  in St. Agnes Cemetery from the old burial ground on Addington Place. There is a sarcophagus in St. Agnes, reading: “Erected in 1903. Erected by the Catholics of Utica in memory of 600 pioneers of the faith in these parts who were buried in the first Catholic Cemetery in this City, Addington Place, between the years 1830 and 1845, and whose remains were re-interred here with a solemn Mass of Requiem celebrated in the open air, September 7, 1903. Requiescat in Pace.”

View WKTV's Story On Our Chapel